Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ten excellent books on Dorothy's list, not necessarily favorites, but ones that made an impact and are unforgettable.

In no particular order and I'm sure I'm forgetting some choice titles (so many books, such poor memory!) , but these are stand-outs:

"Atonement" by Ian McEwan

"Love In The Time Of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

"Crossing To Safety" by Wallace Stegner

"The Brief Wondrous Life Of Oscar Wao" by Junot Diaz

"Middlesex" by Jeffrey Eugenides

"Falling Man" by Don DeLillo

"The Road" by Cormac McCarthy

"The Reader" by Bernhard Schlink

"Everything Is Illuminated" by Jonathan Safron Foer

"Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safron Foer

And I'll add an 11th one just because it was one of the first books I had ever read that, to this day, has stuck with me...

"Death Be Not Proud" by John Gunther

I'm sure I'll want to add to this list, probably as soon as I publish this post, but it's a start. I'm anxious to contribute to the Magical Reading blog. I've been a silent observer since this was started last year and have really enjoyed reading everyone's reviews. Thanks, Andrew!!! (Now go clean your apartment!)


No comments: