Monday, November 9, 2009

Hi gang! And ten books.

My name is Erika. I live with Josh. The copy of "Welcome to the Monkeyhouse" that the subletter stole from his bathroom was mine.

I love to read.

Thanks for letting me join your group! This is the first blog I've ever done. I like your noble goal and will do my best to put in my 50 by this time next year.

YES!

Since I'm joining late, I'll just count the book/s I've read since November 1st (posts to come):
  • Novel Without a Name, by Duong Thu Huong
  • The Johnstown Flood, by David McCullough
For now, I want to throw out ten books in the spirit of catching up.

TEN BOOKS I SUBMIT

So these ten are the first smattering. They're either books I plan to keep rereading forever, or ones that I loved the first time and would like to put out there.
  • Another Country, by James Baldwin
  • The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • West With the Night, by Beryl Markham
  • Nicholas & Alexandra, by Robert K. Massie
  • Lonesome Dove, by Larry McMurtry
  • The Elephant Vanishes, by Haruki Murakami
  • To Kill A Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
  • Emily of New Moon
  • Emily Climbs
  • Emily's Quest
These last three are all by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Decidedly young adult fiction. Possibly girly. But I find them to be more relevant and helpful to me now than they ever were when I was little.

Okay! Enough for now. Thanks again!

No comments: