Sunday, November 1, 2009

I Got So Lazy About Posting!

Or "Hats Off To You, Andy Lampl!"

I solemnly swear that all these books were read in their entirety by October 31, 2009.

Also, for some reason my computer isn't letting me add images. Curse you, Safari.

Lightning round.
Haikus.
Get ready.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass
by Lewis Carroll

I like these books less
Every time that I read them.
Not a thing happens.

Equus
by Peter Shaffer

Groundbreaking, I'm sure,
For 1973.
Now, a bit dated.

The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat
by Oliver Sacks

Don't take for granted
You know your face is a face.
The brain is fucked up.

Viewpoints
by Anne Bogart and Tina Landau

I used this book to
Teach students in Idaho
That they have bodies.

Mastering Shakespeare
by Scott Kaiser

Annoying structure:
It is written as a script.
Still, some good lessons.

Games for Actors and Non-Actors
by Augusto Boal

You've not read this book
for Actors and Non-Actors?
Do. Your life will change.

A Shakespearean Actor Prepares
by Adrian Brine and Michael York

Hands-down my favorite
Book about acting Shakespeare.
Such juicy language!

Heartbeat
by Sharon Creech

My favorite author
When I was in the sixth grade.
She's still really good.

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma
by Trenton Lee Stewart

I'm essentially
A ten year old, but hot damn,
This book is perfect.

A Wrinkle in Time
by Madeline L'Engle

Much more religious
Than I seem to remember
From my younger days.

The Artist's Way
by Julia Cameron

A wacky hippie
Lady's advice on living.
Good Lord, I love it.

No comments: