Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Triumphant Return of Reggie

There come's a time in every young man's life when he must answer the question "Who am I?" And to answer such a question, he oft must ask "From whence came I?" That question, my friends, has brought me back to this blog. After spending nine months licking my wounds in iniquity after my defeat by the unstoppable juggernaut known only as "ANDY," I have returned. I won't bore you with full reviews of some of this year's books, so here are my one-word reviews of my year thus far:

1. Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace - Epic
2. American Psycho by Brett Easton Ellis - Gross
3. Jesus' Son by Denis Johnson - Heroiny
4. A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole - Hilarious
5. The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil by George Saunders - Bizarre
6. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick - Prophetic
7. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey - Saddest
8. The Pillowman by Martin McDonagh - Rainbows
9. Where I'm Calling From by Raymond Carver - meh
10.

Progress has been a bit lax this year. but I'm kicking it into high gear! great to be back, dudes!

3 comments:

Julie Ritchey said...

Welcome back to the fold!

Dorothy said...

I REALLY like your reviewing style! Exact and to the point. Perfect!!

Chris said...

I just started reading Where I'm Calling From on a rec from our mutual friend David Winkler. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Nice post, tho.

additionally:

ANDY

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2645/4213679873_0d0a987bd9.jpg