Monday, July 19, 2010

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Just about everything I have ever wanted to know about the Big Bang theory is in this book. And, thank goodness, it is readable! Much like The Code Book, also by Simon Singh, this book focuses on individuals to tell the story of complex scientific progress. We see Einstein as vulnerable, Hubble as a Hollywood Hero, and some guy named Gamow who loves to play funny tricks on the scientific community. But mainly I can now explain how the Big Bang theory accounts for our universe's history. Until next week when I will inevitably forget.

The only thing I can say is that Singh definitely pushes his Big Bang agenda (well it is the title of the book) and very sternly refutes other theories throughout the book. So if you're into God or something, be prepared to be shot down by the science that Singh brings to the pages.

Well, he has me convinced. Not that I ever knew anything different.

No comments: