Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Swimming Pool by Holly LeCraw

There's trouble in paradise. The Lampl Family now owns an............drumroll please.........iPad. Yes, yet another technological device to pull our attentions away from, well, everything! If it were not for this devil wrapped up in a sleek, pretty, colorful design which makes its home on our kitchen counter, I'd be on book # 24 by now and not resigned to reading such soap-opera fare as "The Swimming Pool" which was all my cluttered App-filled brain could muster in the past 2 weeks since receiving the...............iPad. I tried getting into Joyce Carol Oates collection of short stories called "Dear Husband", I'm ready to start "The Girl Who Played With Fire", but that damn iPad, waiting for the next Scrabble move in a game with a sister, calling my name every damn minute of the day, wrecking my chances of getting into piles of worthy novels. The Devil, I tell you! Steer clear!!


1 comment:

Julie Ritchey said...

This just might be my favorite review in the history of this blog.