Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hey, Boo.


This is my favorite book of all time. I read it once a year probably and every time I get something new.

Recently I submitted a test piece for a film blog called A Bright Wall in a Dark Room, and was accepted as a contributor. I'll be writing essays/reviews of all types of movies - new, old, etc. I'm really excited about it.

The reason it's relevant here is that I wrote my test piece on To Kill a Mockingbird. It's a great movie and a great adaptation of the novel. Go here to check out the blog. My Mockingbird piece will be up soon, after we edit it.

It was hard to write about the movie without writing about the book. Suffice it to say that writing that piece sent me right back to the novel for a 2010 read. It's so so good. It ends with one of my favorite all-time sentences:

He would be there all night, and he would be there when Jem waked up in the morning.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I'm going to stay away from that link. Chinese characters translate to:

"Like your blog, leave messages for you to continue refueling"