Friday, June 11, 2010

The Bedwetter- Sarah Silveman



Sarah Silverman's new autobiography is a great read filled with brutally honest descriptions about her life and the entertainment industry and I would absolutely recommend it.

However, before you run out to buy/read it I must warn you. If you are expecting a light hearted romp filled with jokes about the holocaust and september 11, peppered with a little racism, be prepared, this is not that hilarious read.

Sarah Silverman's childhood was actually pretty upsetting (she wet the bed til 16, she was prescribed 16 xanax A DAY for her severe deppression at 13 years old etc etc) and while she tries to make light of things it comes off pretty painful. It took me a bit to adjust from my expectations of silliness to the seriousness of her life, but after I did, it was a really worthwhile read.

I especially recommend it to my fellow entertainment pursuers. She talks about the industry in pretty naked terms (from censors and controversy to getting fired from Saturday Night Live) that I found fascinating and helpful.

1 comment:

Karen M. Samuels said...

This was a very entertaining book as you would expect. I love Sarah!