Friday, May 7, 2010

BRAINS!!!

Dr. Taylor was a brain scientist who one day awoke to find that she herself was having a stroke in her brain. "How lucky," she thought to herself, "a brain scientist getting to study the inside of her own brain!" My Stroke of Insight is her personal account of what went down inside of her mind as her left-brain systems systematically went offline, and her right-brain systems systemically took the helm. This is a lovely book, definitely worth reading. But in case you're crunched for time, and would rather be moved by a twenty-minute talk (straight from the source), rather than a however-long-it-takes-you-personally-to-read-a-224-page-book (also, I guess, technically, straight from the source), then I give you this:


Actually, you should watch this anyway. It's really good. And then if you're still moved and curious, read the book.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love Zombies. That's what this book is about right? I never read the reviews I just scan the titles but I think I got the jist of it. ZOMBIESSSSSS