Tuesday, June 9, 2009

tend them rabbits

I was not a good high school student. Especially towards my english teachers. I refused to read what was given to me, instead becoming a master of CliffsNotes essay writing. And because of this stubbornness, I consequently missed out on all the classics that I probably should have under my belt at this point in life.

Two days ago, I was in Barnes & Noble and found a copy of Of Mice and Men on the Summer Reading "2 for 3" table. I immediately recognized it as a book from my past that I should have read, but have not. And then I discovered that it's only 100 pages. Perfect! I get to read an important book that will make me feel studious and respectful, while simultaneously putting in minimal amounts of time and effort!

So, I say to you, John Steinbeck: Not bad. You're a classic and accessible kind of guy. Not bad at all.

No comments: