Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Don Delillo: reminding us we're all gonna die since 1936


Andy has already posted about this one, so I'll keep it short.
Don Delillo has an incredible ability to remind me that I am just like every other person on Earth. BUT NOT IN A BAD WAY!
For example: I don't know if any of you have ever done this, but the characters in this book talk at one point about how long they can go with their eyes closed on the open freeway. I though I was the only one who ever did this because it is a sick, dangerous, ridiculous thing to do. Apparently, there is hope for me yet! (disclaimer: my record is less than one second.)
Seriously though, more than any other book I've ever read, this book makes me feel like I am not alone in my feelings, which, I have to say, if comforting. (7.5/10)

No comments: