Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm Sorry This Is Somewhat Late, But It's My First Blog Entry EVER and I Just Had To Summon Up The Courage To Embrace The Unknown!

My Top Ten Books, in no particular order:

1) Everything is Illuminated ~ Jonathan Safran Foer
2) The Road ~ Cormac McCarthy
3) The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay ~ Michael Chabon
4) Hocus Pocus ~ Kurt Vonnegut
5) A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius ~ Dave Eggers
6) Sixty Stories ~ Donald Barthelme
7) Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close ~ Jonathan Safran Foer
8) Something Happened ~ Joseph Heller
9) The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar ~ Roald Dahl
10) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ~ Douglas Adams

I'm sorry for the repeats, as several of these books have already been mentioned. But, they're my favorite books, too! Also, I have to admit that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (book 7) was terribly close to making this list. But for fear of ridicule and eventual banishment from the blog, I chose to abstain from making that move, and instead only mention it in passing, as though I didn't cry alone in my room while reading the last hundred pages. 

No comments: