Monday, September 20, 2010

The Long Walk


Ok, so I have been sooo overwhelmed with trying to read, I have neglected posting any reviews. I am going to try to catch up!

The Long Walk by Stephen King (written under Richard Bauchman) was really enjoyable. It's the first Stephen King book I have ever read. In it, these teenage boys elect to participate in the "Long Walk" a contest watched by the world where boys walk until only one of them is still walking. The winner is given riches beyond his wildest dreams. The losers all die. (remind you of any recent amazing trilogies Julie?)

Normally I read books while working out, but any movement during this book made me nauseous. The pace, pain, and monotony of the walking really messes with you as you read. I felt exhausted while reading it. Plus it was semi-dystopic future-ish. Which I loved. Many more to come.....

3 comments:

Julie Ritchey said...

Hmmm...trilogies, trilogies, trilogies... Oh geez that's a tough one. Lord of the Rings? Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants? The Godfather? You meant The Godfather, didn't you!

Allison said...

Wrong on all accounts, I was referring (of course) to the classic dystopic dog thriller: Beethoven, Beethoven's second and the under appreciated straight to video release Beethoven's third.

Julie Ritchey said...

Allison Sanchez. Funniest person I know.