Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese

What a wonderful book! Karen already reviewed this one so I won't need to repeat everything that she said about it. I would like to say that I'm tempted to email the author and congratulate him on his amazingly creative skills as a story-teller. I love a good story and this is one not to be missed. It's long yet worth every word. Briefly, it's about twin brothers, born to a beautiful Indian nun and a British surgeon. They're orphaned when their mother dies during childbirth and their father flees the country (Ethiopia) immediately following their birth. What follows is a rich story told by one of the twins, Marion Stone, of their lives and the bond that holds them together. A stunning novel and a gifted author. These characters will stick with me for a long time.

No comments: