Friday, April 16, 2010

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler

I love Chelsea Handler and loved both of her previous "autobiographies". I use the term autobiography loosely because Chelsea Handler self-admittedly exaggerates and lies whenever she can get away with it. Her musings on her own choices, her unapologetic sex, drugs, and drinking, and her often almost mean-spirited making fun of her family and friends will have you laughing out loud.

While I did really enjoy her third book, of the three i would say it is my least favorite. While the other books focus more on her childhood and poor, crazy 20's, this book is more about her life post fame and wealth. It's still funny, but significantly less relateable (she tells stories of being able to afford to use helicopters instead of taxis and trying to buy a dolphin as a house pet).

All in all I think Chelsea Handler is an extremely funny writer (I am incredibly jealous of her skill to make the most mundane things gut-bustingly hilarious) and I very much enjoyed this new read!

No comments: