Monday, February 15, 2010

Perfection....





Perfection: A Memoir of Betrayal and Renewal by Julie Metz

Did you do a double-take? Expected a book cover, didn't you? Well, behold 'perfection' in its purest form since the book by Julie Metz is not. Julie's husband, Henry, dies suddenly in
his 40's of cardiac arrest. Julie is left a single parent to their 6 yr. old daughter, Liza, and is grieving so deeply for her perfect husband and perfect marriage that she leaves the task of cleaning out his office to her friends who discover that Henry's been a bad boy all throughout their perfect and loving 13-year marriage. 5 affairs to be exact, one with a close friend and neighbor. When Julie finally snaps out of her grief, she goes on a mad rampage and contacts every single one of Henry's women and when she snaps out of her anger, she finds a boyfriend and lives happily ever after. I was really into this book during the first half when she was biting the heads off of the other women but it fell short towards the second half when I
started to feel that I was back in "Eat, Pray, Love" Land. "Oh, look at me, listen to me, watch me, pay attention to me." Gets a little tiring. But since this is a reader's blog, I will now include the picture of the pretty book cover.

No comments: