Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Corrections

Imagine sitting down at your favorite fancy restaurant, ordering all of your favorite foods, the crispy fried calamari appetizers, the sourdough rolls and butter, the salad with the sweetened pecans and goat cheese, the 14 oz. juicy steak....medium all the way through, the potatoes au gratin, asparagus, chocolate mousse, a latte. Imagine your eyes being bigger than your stomach yet eating your way through this delightfully delicious meal, getting fuller and fuller yet not being able to help taking one more bite...just one more bite. So stuffed, you're ready to burst but you want one more bite, it's such a fantastic meal. Such is the experience of reading "The Corrections", such is the delight in savoring every page, even when I was too tired late into the night to close the book...I'd go for one more page and then one more after that, and just one more after that one, and even though I didn't want it to end, now that I've finished it, I know it will stick with me for a long time....as only the very best stories can. As Andrew said, "Perfection".

1 comment:

Erika said...

I agree completely! Well put.