Friday, September 11, 2009

Eleven steps to enlightenment

This summer I read all 11 volumes of the Sandman series. There is no possible way to sum up the magnitude of this work. Gaiman's sprawling genius taps into classic mythology, comix, Shakespeare, movies, novels, superheros, detectives, zombies and more.
It is without a doubt one of the best things I have ever read. Ever.
Of all the images and themes in this epic work, nothing resonated with me as deeply as Forgiveness. We all must learn to forgive, to move on, to grow. We change, or we die, or both. But forgiveness is key...it is the passageway to personal evolution.
So. To any with whom I've exchanged a foul word, to old flames flickered out, to bullies and bosses and loonies on the street: I forgive you. I love you. And I'll see you in my dreams.

No comments: