Thursday, November 20, 2008

Rickenbacker - an autobiography


While in Indiana a couple of weeks ago, I was browsing through my wife's grandfather's library. A fundamentalist Baptist, his library mainly consists of Bibles, Bible Study guides, books written by Jerry Falwell, apocalyptic prophesies, and lists of groups of people who will spend eternity in the Lake of Fire (I am, no doubt, on said list along with Jews, Mormons, Catholics, Muslims, Negros, and Democrats).

Buried within Jesus' atheneum was this book. I love non-fiction, so this stood out as a worthy read. One of the most decorated pilots of all time, pioneer race car driver, early commercial aviation leader among many other roles, this WWI hero led an exciting and adventure-filled life. He was a studly man.

Anyway, if you like bios, this is a worthy read. I give it 7 MRU's out of 10.


5 comments:

Julie Ritchey said...

Pa, I'd just like to point out that although Josh may be winning, so far you're the only one of us to work the word 'Negro' into a book review, so that's gotta count for something...

Grant said...

Can we rename the website: Year of Magical Reading and Ethnic Insults?

Julie Ritchey said...

Keep in mind now, we've also poked some fun at amputees. Maybe "The Year of Magical Reading and I Don't Like People Who Are Different Than Me" is a safe blanket title.

Julie Ritchey said...

PS I'm really glad that you'll be there to keep me company for all eternity in the fiery pits of hell.

Grant said...

we can play cribbage there perhaps.