Friday, February 6, 2009

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

Dear Julie Ritchey,

Thank you for recommending this novel. I know you didn't give it the most glowing review earlier on in this blog, but if you remember correctly, you recommended this to me BEFORE you reviewed it. And because you were spot on with Black Swan Green, I thought it was only fair to heed your advice once again. And, I'm very happy to report, I LOVED it. Oscar Wao may have just snuck its way into my top ten. What a vibrant, colorful, amazingly written book. Those Pulitzer folks, they sure do know what they're doing.

Anyway, thank you thank you thank you. I'll bake you a cake next time we meet. And I promise to never take you to any Trujillo dictator dance parties. We all know what happens at those.

GO DOMINICANS!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Andy

2 comments:

Julie Ritchey said...

Dear Andrew J. Lampl,

This is my favorite review yet. I'm glad I could recommend a book to you before I ever actually read it. And I'm even more glad that you loved said book.

Love,
Julie Ritchey

Julie Ritchey said...

P.S. Can we maybe go to a different dance party? I love dance parties, but not Trujillo so much...