Friday, December 10, 2010

Lolita...........

What can I say? I should have read this book decades ago but I'm sure glad I finally read it now. My question is: How is it possible that Nabokov was able to elicit even the tiniest bit of sympathy for a perverted pedophile (is there any other kind of pedophile?) such as Humbert Humbert? Fascinating character and the writing is exquisite. I was in awe. As a matter of fact, this is a book that calls for a second reading some day. There are so many layers beneath the surface of every thought and sentence that it really is a necessity to read again. I'll be holding onto my copy.

2 comments:

Mikey said...

But what if your copy is actually my copy which was originally your copy?

Dorothy said...

Your copy which is actually my copy which became your copy was abused and treated unfairly by being left on a junked up chair under an OPEN window for about 2 years thus suffering the injustices of 8 seasons of bad weather on its cover! You can have it back.