Sunday, May 24, 2009

American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer by Kai Bird and Martin J. Sherwin

Or "How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb"

Wow! Hey guys! How have you been? Remember me? Julie? I'm sort of smallish and loud and I used to post on this blog pretty frequently? Like, until December when I decided that I wanted to read the definitive biography of J. Robert Oppenheimer, you know, for kicks? Well, I remember you guys and oh boy have I missed you!

So what have you guys been up to for the past five months? Oh really? That sounds so fun! Oh, not too much. Just hanging out with this nuclear physicist I know. He's great, I think you'd really like him. Or at least find him fascinating. Or at least read about his life and think about the moral implications of having invented the atomic bomb, seen it used, and then trying your hardest to get the government to regulate nuclear warfare since you are one of the only people in the world who understands its full power but the government is too afraid of Communists and revokes your security clearance for pretty bullshit reasons.

So, yeah! That's what I've been up to! Wow, it's really good to see you. Let's get coffee sometime!

No comments: