Sunday, April 19, 2009

no one belongs here more than you.














David Byrne says: Miranda July's is a beautiful, odd, original voice - seductive, sometimes erotic, and a little creepy, too. 

David Eggers says: These stories are incredibly charming, beautifully written, frequently laugh-out-loud funny, and even, a dozen or so times, profound. Miranda July is a very real writer, and has one of the most original voices to appear in fiction in many years.

David Lampl says: What? Nobody told me I had to read this book!

I loved this. And I think I'm now officially in love. Have you guys seen Me and You and Everyone We Know? These stories were written by the woman who wrote and directed and starred in that. She loves wordy titles. And I love her. It all works out in the end. 

There was something so perfect about this book. It's filled with these characters that are so profoundly sad and real and lost, and you can't help them. You can only keep reading, and continue to swallow the lumps in your throat. 

Mom, I think you would really really like this. I know you have a slight aversion to short stories, but you might want to reconsider. Just this once. Justice Wants. 

Miranda July, will you marry me? I'll be so good to you.

No comments: